Friday, February 15, 2013

Spring walks

Hnífsdalur
Ísafjörður
The week has been beautiful, the temperatures are above freezing and the snow is melting more and more by the day. It feels a lot like spring, so unusual for February! The afternoon sun shines through my living room windows, beckoning me outside. 

Aldan from the beach
Every day I go out for a long walk, making the most of the day before it gets dark. It’s so nice to have the mountains so close by, I can be out there in the midst of nature just a few minutes. The days are getting noticeably longer and the walk each evening gets longer accordingly. 

I’ve even been down to the beach a few times too. On one rainy evening, I go to the swimming pool instead and on the way home I enjoy a subtle but pretty display of the northern lights over the ocean.